Saturday, November 15, 2008

STOP CORRUPTING MY MEMORIES OF A HAPPIER TIME (an Open Letter to Hollywood)

"Evan Rachel Wood has "finally" found a guy her age: The 21-year-old was seen making out with Joseph Gordon Levitt, 27." (from Jezebel)

Dear Hollywood,

What the hell? I understand that celebrities can only very rarely find someone they can trust outside of the spotlight - I'm sure it seems like everyone has an ulterior motive when you get famous - and this makes it sort of necessary for the manic inbreeding that goes on among the rich and famous. I may be speaking from a place of blissful ignorance, but it used to be that you couldn't draw a 6-degrees-from-Kevin-Bacon-esque web with actual celebrity couples (strangely enough, Kevin Bacon himself can only be linked to his wife, Kyra Sedgwick). AND NOW YOU CAN. Everyone either needs to stop being so completely slutty OR keep it under wraps for god's sake, have a little dignity!

Love,
-Priya


Here is a web I made in MS Paint to illustrate my point. This could go SO MUCH FARTHER but...I can't. I just can't. I started out laughing and now I have an incredible headache. ENJOY! Oh - you should click on it to make it bigger (that's what she said [yes, I went there]).



I am a participant in NaBloPoMo 2008. Post every day in November. That's all you have to do.

No comments: