Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Plans

I'm lazy and uninspired right now. I tried writing something today, like, "creative writing" or whatever, and it just turned out to be a personal manifesto. It was like, "She disdained most and admired only the top 1% of anything" and I was like, oh, that sounds strangely like ME. They say 'write what you know,' but I would hope that I know more than what goes on directly inside my own mind. So I abandoned that. I think I may not be cut out for fiction writing, since it requires creativity and stuff. Kyle and I had a conversation yesterday about how he had this insane dream and I told him that I can only dream in concepts which already exist: even my craziest dream ever (which I had only because I happened to be on malaria medication at the time) involved elephants, zebras, and fuzzy brown balls. All of those thing exist already. Kyle then told me about his dream and spent ten minutes describing the alien spacecraft/hovering camera/reality show element which appeared in it.

Then I decided that I should study for my 19th Century Novel final tomorrow. But then I said nevermind. Then I thought I should study for my Macro final which takes place on Monday (and I really do legitimately need to study for that), and then I decided nevermind on that one too. I need a nap. Well, I don't need one. I just kind of want one.

Then I talked to Kyle for an hour just now. I'm going to go visit him for 2 weeks in mid-January, thank god. I can't wait to see him, and all my LA friends, and all the smugly familiar LA landmarks. I'm trying to convince Marion, Lauren and John to go too, just for a weekend, for funsies, but they all gave me the same answer, "we'll see". Yeah, we'll see, alright. WE'LL SEE. Ooh, sorry about that; sometimes when I lose an argument I get threatening for no reason.

Hmm, what else? Well, I did just talk to Kyle for an hour so I guess I better start writing those damn econ notes. Wish me luck.

No comments: