Friday, March 6, 2009

Okay, this is just getting ridiculous.

I haven't posted in a week again! Mostly I this has to do with the fact that I use Twitter a lot more now than I did before, and every little thought I have now gets funneled there instead of here, and the fact that my life force has been drained by Accounting class. It's all I really think about anymore, or, if I'm not thinking about Accounting directly, I only think about the thing that I am thinking about really distractedly because the other part of my mind is freaking out about how I should be studying Accounting. With Stats class, I was just overwhelmed by the formulas, but I'm smart enough to understand relationships between numbers if I apply myself. With Economics, I had to understand the actual theories. With both of these subjects, it's just a matter of a lot of reading and re-reading of the notes and textbooks (for me, anyway). Accounting, however, is a completely different animal. With Accounting, I feel like no matter what I do, it's still applying mathematical concepts to WORDS. What the fuck!?!?!!!!

In other news, the weather lately has been getting better and better. It's kind of strange to experience, because the longer, more temperate days have been coinciding with an inner darkness that has been increasing this semester.
I talked to Kyle's sister on the phone for a few minutes - she called to tell me that she wore the shirt I got her for Christmas to her friend's birthday party and it made her feel so pretty (score one for me, best girlfriend ever) - and since she lives in Seattle I taunted her mercilessly by wondering aloud if "failing to move away from cold climates and freezing to death could be considered suicide". She went to college in California, so we spent some time discussing the weather there versus everywhere else in the world. In short: can one quantify AWESOME or TOTALLY SHITTY?

Accounting Accounting Accounting. Liabilities, Bank Reconciliations, Perpetual Journal Entries, Periodic Journal Entries, Closing Entries, Assets, Current Ratio, Debt Ratio, Expenses, Merchandise vs. Services, Sole Proprietorship, CAP? CAAP? BLAAHGHHHHH

Not to mention the fact that I have to read Northanger Abbey, Sense and Sensibility, King Lear, and Macbeth, and write two papers...all by Monday. Good thing I've spent most of today curled in a ball under my desk, chanting "unearned revenue is not a revenue, unearned revenue is not a revenue"! I can only take heart in the fact that Spring Break is only one week away, and the next few days are sure to pass quickly if I just don't pay too much attention.

No comments: