Monday, May 18, 2009

Working, Working, Working...Worked

So I owe you all a post from Friday. I'm sorry I fell down on the job, you guys, but I was...having kind of an insane weekend.

I just tried to type out a little synopsis of what I did on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but I kept mixing up things that happened on various days. It was kind of a blur. I guess we can just suffice it to say that I hung out with Marion, Amanda, Amanda's boyfriend Chris, Kris, Matt Kic, and various other (un)savory characters on and off for three days. For a further example of how far overboard I went, on Saturday I got out of bed at 5pm (I know! Sinful) and was out the front door by 7. It got pretty ridiculous there for a bit. But I'm done with that now. Until next Thursday.

As some of you know, I am in Austin this week, visiting Lauren, John, and Robert. I'm here to work a little bit on writing with John, and to detox, and to get away from my parents for a bit. It's a mental health vacation. About the work: John and I went on our first hour today (which is showbiz lingo for "turned off our cell phones and internet and worked for one solid hour") and I think it actually went really well. I'm really happy with what we did. I hope to get enough writing done in the next few days that I can continue to build on it when I'm not in Austin. I'm kind of toying with the idea of coming back for a weekend every once in a while over the summer to continue the process, but I haven't really run it by Lauren and John yet. and I don't know what my class workload (I'm taking a theology and an astronomy in Summer I, and a philosophy in Summer II) will be like. So I guess we will all have to wait and see. Because you care. Heh.

John and I are going to try to do another hour at some time tonight. Tomorrow, Lauren, John, Robert, and I plan on going to play trivia at the Flying Saucer here. Should be a good time - they do this pretty often and are still really enthusiastic about it so it must be fun, right? I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Devon K. said...

The retoxification is imminent. Be ready, cuz yo crew iz gonna get served like cheeseburger at Chili's.