Friday, May 25, 2007

A New Beginning

Hi, my name is Priya.

You might know me from http://itsfunny.diaryland.com, which I started when I was 15 and in the throes of high school. I've been wanting to start a new blog for a while now because I still love the format of writing informally, but hate that everything I write now as a 20 year old is still in context of the terrible syntax and life choices inherent with my writing back then. I guess this first introductory paragraph is one of the main reasons I've been postponing this move - I can never decide what to say about myself. I know I could just jump into the posting part, but it just wouldn't feel right.

I chose blogger for my new site because I love how easy it is to edit one's preferences. Interestingly enough, there's an option to write all my posts in Hindi, which makes me wonder if they offer this option to everyone signing up nowadays or if they're doing it 'cause I'm brown. Also, the lack of loopy flowers and childlike illustrations of kitty-cats on the sign-in page makes me feel less like I'm writing in my diary about my painful crush on a biology partner.

I realize this doesn't give you much tangible information about me, but I like that. I'm going to start this off by posting some stuff from itsfunny, stuff that never really felt like it belonged there. You can glean whatever conclusions you will about me from my future writing; you'll probably be right.

No comments: