Friday, June 1, 2007

updation nation

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of the Readership,

If you take offense at the utter lack of thought that went into my writing the title to this post, I apologize. I must warn you, however, that there will be a lot of posts in our future together that will begin this way, or in a way that is similar. I am sorry. I hope it does not affect our relationship too much, that you will find a way to forgive me.

Love,
-Priya

In other news, I am riding the roflcopter after reading this website. I was directed to it by the inimitable Dooce, and so I am passing on the wealth to you.

Worst Family Feud Answers


Question: Name a reason why a woman might not want to kiss her boyfriend.
#1 Answer: Bad breath
Worst Answers: She doesn't love him that much


Today I watched Deja Vu, that Denzel Washington vehicle that came out recently. It was, ahem, well, I hate movie science, and I hate it when screenwriters use words like "metaphysical" and "magnetic fields" to try and make the watcher blindly believe what's happening. I would personally rather that they not insult me, and just say, "we don't know HOW it happened, it's just this way! AMAZING!"
I love Jurassic Park, which is probably one of the biggest examples of fundamentally spotty movie science, um, EVER, but that's different, because if you think about it, frog DNA could actually be used to fill in the blanks of dino DNA and - well, I won't go into it. I guess Jurassic Park only made me make extraordinary leaps of faith once or twice, like with the dinosaurs spontaneously switching gender, whereas Deja Vu made me do it every five minutes.

...And I WAS SIX when Jurassic Park came out. I didn't need a whole lot of convincing.

I also watched Pretty in Pink all the way through for the first time. I usually only watch at the parts where the Smiths pop up - there are two times that I know of, can you find 'em? - but this time I actually paid attention to plot themes and all that. And what I have to say is, OH GAG, BLAINE. Though I did like that he cried when he had to lie to her about how he asked someone else to the prom. THE PROM!

And now, I'm going to find out what I can do about my user name here on blogger. I hate it. It was a default choice and I don't know why I did it, and if I'm going to be spending all my time here from now on (as it seems I will be), I should get something I can stand to look at without shuddering. Okay.

No comments: