Friday, August 1, 2008

Stupid Pamela Anderson

Pamela Anderson has been bombarding - yeah, BOMBARDING - me with advertising for her...Reality TV show? Documentary? Movie? Not sure. Anyway, some kind of film project about her life is being released, the title of which is "Girl On the Loose".

I'm sorry, but anyone over 40 is no longer allowed to refer to themselves as being "a girl". You have reached sexual maturity and it is no longer funny or cute for you to speak of yourself in the diminuitive 3rd person. PERIOD. Holy shit. I can't believe I even have to say it.

I'm afraid for Pam's future, really. I mean, for someone whose self identity seems so deeply rooted in sex, I wonder what it's going to be like for her to go through menopause, or for her to one day wake up and be 75. I know that I'm not particularly hung up on whatever facial symmetry I posess (though I try to make the experience of gazing upon my visage as nondamaging as possible for others) and it's hard enough for me to grasp the idea that one day I'll be using wrinkle cream for something other than prophylactic purposes.

No comments: