Monday, September 22, 2008

George Michael says, "Oh, Fuck It" to Life

I just read that George Michael was arrested on the 19th for possession of crack cocaine in a public restroom. He released a statement in which he said, "I want to apologise to my fans for screwing up again, and to promise them I'll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them."

Many things to think about here:

1. I would think after all he's been through, George Michael would be pretty much done with public restrooms, even if he needed to use one in the manner for which it was intended rather than a satellite opium dens.

2. Fuck yeah, you screwed up again.

3. Yeah, you know, this is kind of boring. Props to upgrading (downgrading?) to crack though. At least that much has changed.

4. YOU'RE 45! WHAT ELSE IS THERE IN YOUR LIFE OTHER THAN SORTING YOURSELF OUT?! I mean, I imagine that after 40 life is more or less one horror-filled instance of finding white hairs (not just on your head) after another, sprinkled liberally with midlife crisis-fueled bad decisions. And by bad decisions I do not mean SWITCHING TO CRACK. By bad decisions I mean dating a 25 year old, or buying a cherried-out Mustang convertible.

No comments: