Wednesday, September 3, 2008

These People Handle My Money

I was at the bank a while ago and had to make a deposit to my bank account, which is registered in Washington. I asked for an out-of-state-account deposit slip, filled it out, and made sure to reiterate twice to the girl working behind the counter that my account is in WASHINGTON STATE, not WASHINGTON DC. She kept giving me this aggravated look and going, "yes, I remember," in a way that was only technically polite. Then, as I predicted (she had this glazed Jessica Simpson look about her), she had a problem trying to find my acccount.

Priya: "Did you select Washington STATE, not Washington DC?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

Teller: "Yes."

Priya: "Maybe you should ask someone for help."

Teller: "Are you sure this is the right account number?"

Priya: "I've had this account for 3 years and have been making deposits to it every 2 weeks that whole time. So yes, I'm sure. Do you have a supervisor I can talk to?"

Teller: *AGGRO SIGH* "LIIIISAAAAA. THIS CUSTOMER IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH HER ACCOUNT."

(Yes, I too noted her completely avoiding responsibility - I'M the one with the problem still, not her)

Lisa: "Hi. How can I help you?"

Priya: "Hey there. I'm trying to make a deposit to a Washington state account - NOT Washington DC - and your teller is having trouble trying to find it. The account number is correct. Can you please help me?"

Lisa: "Oh, yes. Here we are. Are you Priya?"

Priya: "Yes! Thank you."

Lisa (addressing Teller): "You have to select Washington state. You had selected Washington DC here in the computer." (Addressing me) "Your deposit has been made, and the funds are available now."

Teller (petulantly): "What's the difference between Washington state and Washington DC?"

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to make a complaint to someone in corporate, but what am I going to do? Shall I have them give her a citation for having an IQ of 95?

2 comments:

L said...

I feel like I'm having a conniption or something because I could have *sworn* that this has happened to you before, and you wrote about it, and I read it. I mean, at first glance I thought, "man, it's weird that Priya is re-posting something". On the other hand, it could have been someone else, but who the fuck else do I know that banks in WA?

Priya said...

Yeah, actually, I did tell you and John this story already (at your house), but I haven't written about it.