Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday

You guys, I am so sprung on Fridays lately that it's starting to be a little weird. It's like I'm back in middle school again and I'm going to sleep over at my best friend's house and talk about how hawt Mark McGrath is...well, these lyrics will help you understand:



I don't think the Aquabats know about YouTube yet, since I could not for the life of me find an official music video online. I chose this one instead because it is hilarious.

Later today, Marion, Lauren, John and I are going to be busy busy bees! We're going to watch Black Sheep (maybe), then go to dinner, and then we're going to this Shadwell Wake event at my school. It's a party thrown by the English Honors Society to celebrate the death of this poet, Thomas Shadwell. We're celebrating it because he was terrible and we're glad he's dead so he can't write poetry anymore!

Here is an example of how much he stinks:

Love in their little veins inspires

Love in their little veins inspires
their cheerful notes, their soft desires.
While heat makes buds and blossoms spring,
those pretty couples love and sing.
But winter puts out their desire,
and half the year they want love's fire.

People are going to dress up in funeral clothes, someone will do a reading of his poetry, and there'll be a procession and everything. Isn't that hilarious!? Everyone I've talked to about this has raised their eyebrows and called me a nerd, so I retreat and say something about how I was promised free drinks and underclassmen aren't allowed. But I'm going because it's funny. I'm not going to drink (much) because one of my professors is going and I don't want to say something (overly) stupid to him. I had a nightmare last night that I walked up to him and said, "I LIKE YOUR SHIRTS THAT YOU WEAR" in my best slurry drunk voice. There's nothing like waking up preemptively embarrassed to ensure good behavior.

I am a participant in NaBloPoMo 2008. Post every day in November. That's all you have to do.

No comments: