Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 5th

I still can't really believe that this is happening.

I knew the numbers that kept rolling in, but I couldn't imagine another disappointment like the one we suffered when Al Gore lost this race, so I stayed as neutral as possible while keeping in mind that one candidate wanted to make my life better and one didn't. Obama taught me in this race that it costs nothing to hope, and it is possible for any hope to be rewarded.

I don't have the words to tell you how optimistic I am for this country, now that it is in the hands of someone with the intelligence, experience, and ability to lead it well. For the first time in my adult life, I will know what it is like to be proud of the man who represents the country I live in.

This is also the first time that I've actually watched history being made and realized that nothing would ever be the same: it could be, and would be, better.

No comments: