Friday, February 12, 2010

BABY ANIMALS!

Here is a video of Melbourne Zoo's very first baby elephant!

Baby Elephant's First Swim! from Zoos Victoria on Vimeo.



1. The accent, duh. THAS NOTTA NOIFE, THEES EES A NOIFE! Be my friend, zookeeper lady!
2. BABY ELEPHANT.
3. Referring to the other female elephant (not the mom) as the baby's "Auntie" AAHHHHWWWWW
4. Footage of the calf briefly drowning herself as voiceover says, "The mom always has to make sure the baby is...being responsible" AWW silly baby! Also, lulz at said silly baby being referred to as "responsible" makes me chuckle.

Here is a photo of the baby with her mum (AS THEY SAY DOWN UNDER):



Doesn't that remind you of that scene from Dumbo where Dumbo's mama is in elephant jail (FOR NO REASON) and Dumbo is sad because he misses his mama and she comforts Dumbo through the bars and...oh my god I'm actually choking up, thinking about it. I have so many issues. Like, so many.

Here is the Melbourne Zoo website.

No comments: