Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cop Out

OH, no, NOT a reference to the Kevin Smith movie coming out soon. Though speaking of Kevin Smith, I think I just realized why he's being so fucking obnoxious* about the Southwest thing. Publicity. Sigh.

*Obviously I grasp that this is a complicated issue, given that KS was already comfortably seated when he was asked to get up and "deplane off the plane" as they say in the biz (gunshot), and "too fat" is a subjective thing to begin with as far as the actual Southwest policy goes, and so on and so forth, but he did not need to make a podcast about it in addition to like three days straight of Twitter posts, plus a TWENTY-FOUR PART rant series on YouTube. My point there is, choose one: point made. Choose three: you're being obnoxious.

ANYWAY:

Yesterday my parents had some meeting with a lawyer (nothing interesting, just...you know, adult stuff, probably determining where they want their ashes to be strewn or whatever cause they're OLD NOW [yeesh even I didn't like that joke very much] [and yet it remains]), and when they came back they were like, "Priya, you know, you probably would enjoy being a lawyer very much. They're so picky about word choice."

Priya: "Well, it IS important! I mean...can't we agree on that?"

APPARENTLY WE CANNOT ALL AGREE THAT WORD CHOICE IS IMPORTANT. *claws at face* why did I end up in this family!? NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME

No comments: