Thursday, February 4, 2010

Failure to Lunch

I'm starving to death right now. LITERALLY (no, figuratively). But I can't go downstairs because I'm too sleepy; I'm really hungry, but I really REALLY don't want to get out of bed. I'm supposed to be reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair for my history class tomorrow, but the paper isn't due for a full week so fuck it. I mean, "it's SUPES YUCKY", right? What else is there? I could really go for a cheeseburger. You know something weird about me is that I don't give a shit about gross meat factories, I really don't. I could eat a cheeseburger WHILE watching footage of a bovine suffering from Mad Cow Disease. And that shit turned Oprah into a vegetarian (for like, ten minutes, but still) so you know it's potent. Obviously I don't think cows should get Mad Cow Disease - giving animals the spinal cords and brain matter of the same species to eat is unconscionable and besides that, it's SPINAL CORDS. What's WRONG with you!? And I also don't think we should be eating cows that once had Mad Cow, obviously. I know we covered this five years ago, but can people get Mad Cow or do they get Mad People disease...when they eat contaminated meat, I mean?

It's just that I'm not grossed out by that particular thing.

In other news, this week's episode of House has been haunting me in various ways. It features someone with a personality disorder or something (no spoilers here!) (mostly because I don't know what I'm talking about!) and it's freaky. There's a lot of creepy staring. Also, there's a great song at the end...I looked it up (and later downloaded it). It's a cover of "Why Try to Change Me Now" (written by Cy Coleman) by Fiona Apple. It was originally sung by Frank Sinatra. Oh my god, I totally forgot what Frank Sinatra's name was just then. I was about to substitute "Ol' Blue Eyes" and hope you knew what I meant/ thought I was being kicky by using the nickname. Anyway, highly recommended. Fiona Apple's voice is just divine, even though I could never take her seriously due to her last name being "Apple". Like, who does that?

Okay, I'm going to bed. I hope you had as much fun reading this entry as I did writing it. I should blog while overtired more often, y/n?

No comments: