Friday, February 5, 2010

Women's Lib

I was all set to write a long, contemplative essay on whether or not women from previous generations are jealous of women my age, since earlier today I had to listen to my grandmother actually say the words, "girls these days talk about how everything has to be equal with their husbands, but that's wrong" and then her friend said, "yes, it is not right" because ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME. I think that's going to have to wait for now though, as is evidenced by that last little outburst. I haven't quite parsed what she was talking about. I mean, it sounds like you want to deny civil rights...to yourself? I'm confused. And anyway, knowing her, it's also completely possible that she was being contentious and argumentative just for the sake of it.

Not that I would know anything about being obnoxious for no reason, of course. It's just a guess. Speculation.

No comments: