Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

I bet it's impossible to find red Swingline staplers.

Things like that used to end up in my blog, but now they're on Twitter. And I'm on Twitter. So much so, in fact, that the urge to write longer pieces still remains, but I just exercise it on Twitter by updating that a lot. I have isolated this as a prime reason for my lack of updating lately. Also, I can't update this from my phone.

Speaking of which, I have a Blackberry 8820 now, and I love it - not too complicated, and the buttons (as opposed to touchscreen) help me text faster. But I'm kind of obsessed with the HTC Evo now...I don't know if that's a result of it actually being cool, or if this is just my complete susceptibility to advertising coming into play. What do you think? Of course, getting the Evo would necessitate my moving to Sprint but T-Mobile isn't wowing me with cool gadgets. I probably just have to go into the stores and actually physically touch these items before I can make a decision. But I'm too lazy to go into the stores. So I'll just lie here and complain about it.

COMPLAINING! Priya's solution for everything.


Aaaand I just got horribly distracted by shopping online. Well, window-shopping online. My credit card is downstairs and I just can't muster the will to go down and get it. This weather is CRAP. We're supposed to get brushed with the far edges of Hurricane Alex but all that means is the next morning, there will be some sticks in the road, having been blown off of trees in the night. Thrilling.

Now I'm reading Hyperbole and a Half, which I'm enjoying tremendously. Illustrations!

What do you guys know about Tumblr? Is it for COOL PEOPLE ONLY? I'm only asking out of curiosity because it was a huge pain in the ass to switch from Diaryland and I only have that kind of patience once every seven years.

Oh! I've started running. I'm training for a half-marathon in January. A half-marathon is only half of a marathon, but don't let the name fool you: a half-marathon is still long as shit. I started training last January and so far I am up to FOUR MILES. I should be way past four miles at this point, but I got too proud of myself for reaching 3.5. And it's not even four miles straight, it's four miles but with a couple of short walk breaks (cheater!). I don't feel too bad about the walk breaks though because IT IS MOTHERFUCKING HOT OUTSIDE. I need to be better about this. OR ELSE.

Finally (for now), enjoy this SNL video. It is...seriously so incredible.

No comments: