Saturday, June 23, 2007

New Developments

I just set up a banner for the Suicide Girls here on Fairly Alarmed. I'm doing it now as opposed to when I first found out about the site (years ago) because a.) I only recently figured out the HTML to do so, and b.) because I'm old enough now to represent without feeling kinda skeevy about it.
Ever since I saw the Suicide Girls site, I've admired what they're doing. Even though the girls on the site do still fulfill some of the traditional ideals of beauty we're all railing against nowadays - the ribs showing, the slim waists, a lack of stretch marks - I like 'em. They're pierced and slightly crazy looking. They remind me of people I know (as do absolutely none of the following: Cindy Crawford, Britney Spears, Kate Moss and their cohorts).

Oh, and they're gorgeous. That's something I can get behind.

No comments: