Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I typed all that! It was NOT Cut and Paste.

Hey guys. I'm downloading iTunes! I know, I know. But this is a new computer! And I was just burned pretty badly by the Blackberry-PC liason program thingy, so I think I'm allowed to be behind the curve on this one. Anyway, I'm clicking through the program download options, and at the end it presents me with the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions. Item g on this list reads:

g. you may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Licenced Application as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Application was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries, or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treaury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or teh U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person's List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Application, you represent and warratn that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.

So what you're saying, Steve Jobs, is you don't want me using iTunes to blow shit up?

I think that's reasonable.

No comments: