Monday, November 24, 2008

Major Dragging

So...MONDAY. Today both of my classes were "freebies" - in Econ I just watched a couple of presentations about economies of the world, and in Theology I had a true/false quiz about Baptism: Painless. Tomorrow I have my English classes, which should be great - I'm supposed to have read an article for Lit Crit and up to chapter 10 in Lord Jim. God, it's going to pretty much be a Friday (since Thanksgiving break starts on Wednesday), though! What do they want from me!? Participation!? The horror.

I seriously believe that the only thing worse than having to read a Hardy novel is having to read a Conrad novel, and the only thing worse than a Conrad novel is a Pynchon novel. The next item (and epitome) of that list used to be James Joyce, but after reading those letters of his last week I've developed a soft spot for him. I know, it sounds weird, but I'm just going to assume that his unadulterated insanity has to have some origins in the heart. So from now on Joyce gets filed under "Lovable Crazies" with David Foster Wallace and Shel Silverstein. This probably makes me a poor candidate for graduate school in Literature, but there's always the Milton-Chaucer-Shakespeare route, right?

None of my 19th Century aggravation, however, means that I won't study them just to have something else to sound snobby about.

I am a participant in NaBloPoMo 2008. Post every day in November. That's all you have to do.

No comments: