Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Weekend

So far I've only survived two days out of this weekend (two days to go - a lot could go right in that time [hah, see what I did there?]) but they've been good ones. And I'm tired of staring at that last self-congratulatory entry, so I'm going to post a little prematurely and get it out of the way.

Yesterday marked Robert's last day in town before he moved to Austin (I'm so sincerely pleased at my friends' increasing concentration in that city), so he, Marion, and I went out to dinner and drinks at The Mink to send him off in style. And by "in style", I of course mean that we wanted him to be as hung over as possible. No word yet on how successful that was for him, but I definitely woke up with a touch of the getting-too-old-for-this-shit blues, which is more or less indicative that a good night was had by all involved. Unless he was squicked out by Marion and I talking at length about people in our high school class that were rumored to have had abortions.

Today I woke up and dragged my sorry ass to eat lunch with another old high school friend, Amanda. She and I also gossiped a good amount about people in our class who we've been stalking on Facebook. Not that I do that or anything. Yes I do. And to answer the question which I know is on your minds: a fair amount, actually. Anyway, we also told each other about people with whom we've been keeping in touch or at least keeping an eye on as our paths cross (as I tweeted earlier, News flash: people who were cunts in high school are all pretty much still cunts). It was a delicious two and a half hours, punctuated all the more sumptuously by my Spa Salad, which consisted of green leafy thingies, some kind of fruit, a liquid sauce, and some other shit. I also recall pine nuts, which rule. Then I came home and watched Serenity with my brother, which is the movie which takes place after the sci-fi series Firefly ends. Everything I have to say about the movie involves spoilers so I won't say anything here, but OMG OMG OMG. If you've seen the series and/or the movie, I'd be more than happy to engage in some lively discussion with you. Email me: sass.goodnight@gmail.com

I'm serious!

After that, my dad and I went to see The Wrestler, which made me almost throw up a couple of times. Have you ever gagged out of sadness? I hadn't. It is a weird combination of emotions. Again, everything I have to say about this involves spoilers, so I won't say anything. You guys, EMAIL ME AT SASS.GOODNIGHT@GMAIL.COM! I have so much to talk about. I think this may be a result of the fact that Kyle hasn't had a lot of time for me lately, what with all his new commitments in LA, so I have, like, conversational blue balls.

And now I'm watching back episodes of The Colbert Report and it is brightening my day like nothing else could have. "Viewers, welcome to my stimulus package. Hellloooo, Ladies!? This is the Colbert Report!"

I think I need to start developing some kind of sign off like that for this site. I'm Sassy Goodnight, and this is my sassy goodnight! Ladies?!? How was that? I will leave you with a picture that pretty much sums up my feelings every time I realize it's FRIDAY!

No comments: