Sunday, December 20, 2009

Reminder: Read TheAwl.com MORE OFTEN LIKE EVERY DAY

"We asked them not to do it and they did it anyway."
BBC presenter Shelagh Fogarty, apologizing to listeners after Rage Against the Machine singer Zach de la Rocha "unleashed a barrage of F-words on Radio Five Live's breakfast show." The band was performing its 1992 hit "Killing In The Name," the lyrics to the final verse of which are "F-word you, I won’t do what you tell me/ F-word you, I won’t do what you tell me/ F-word you, I won’t do what you tell me/ F-word you, I won’t do what you tell me/F-word you, I won’t do what you tell me/ F-word you, I won’t do what you tell me/F-word you, I won’t do what you tell me/ F-word you, I won’t do what you tell me/F-WORD YOU, I WON’T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME/ F-WORD YOU, I WON’T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME/F-WORD YOU, I WON’T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME/ F-WORD YOU, I WON’T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME/F-WORD YOU, I WON’T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME/ F-WORD YOU, I WON’T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME/F-WORD YOU, I WON’T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME/ F-WORD YOU, I WON’T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME/MOTHERF-WORDER/UGH!" So badass.

Hahahaha. Fantastic.

No comments: