Tuesday, December 29, 2009

January NaBloPoMo

Hey guys, you'll notice I put a little image in the left margin - it says January NaBloPoMo. NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month. It started in November a few years ago as NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month, wherein a bunch of fucking crazy people got together and tried to write a full-length novel by writing a certain number of words every day for just ONE MONTH omfg. I mean...crazy like a fox. I do want to try it sometime. Anyway. It's morphed into this thing where you can opt into any month you want and try to post every day during that month, not just November. I did this in 2007 and 2008 (it's actually really hard to believe it's been that long since I tried it again [TWO YEARS?] - apparently I really was traumatized by it, haha). You can find those posts by clicking on the pertinent tabs under this entry. So...that's what that's all about. Looks like posting will be another thing I leave till the next decade. In the meantime, I'll girding my loins (read: fortifying my underground bunker) for the inevitable clash of the amateurs that New Year's Eve will be. I suggest you do the same.

PS. I'm, like, compulsively trying to come up with a dirty joke for Girding My Loins = Fortifying My Underground Bunker...and still I got nothing. Help?!

2 comments:

L said...

P, it's the second of January - have you already failed?

Priya said...

Haha! I actually wrote a big post yesterday and then left it as a draft. Ugh. Anyway, it's up now and I changed the date because I feel like I should get credit for this, since it was TECHNICALLY created yesterday. Whatever.