Saturday, February 27, 2010

Failure

So my February NaBloPoMo is dragging along...today I wanted to write about how I really like this hat, but I can't bring myself to spend $400 on it, but then SOMEONE (no names) heard about it and said NO. This person told me that since I'm a day behind, my retro-dated entry has to be REALLY GOOD. WELL, FINE. LET ME THINK ABOUT IT.

In the meantime, here's a picture of the ridiculously expensive hat:


waaaaant

Oh, here's something (this part took me 45 minutes to come up with, for real): I just read this on a friend's-friend's-Livejournal, because I stalk everyone within, like, 4 degrees of me:
The real message of ["She's the Man"] seems to be "Give a member of the opposite sex a fair chance and you'll see they have feelings and this will amaze you and you'll fall in love based upon the mere shock of it."

You guys! This is exactly what I've been saying. Well, except for the last part about "shock". The part about 'giving members of the opposite sex a fair chance and you'll see that they have feelings'? That is vintage Priya Advice! But "fair" very rarely enters into the discussion with me...mostly I just say that we're all the same and the stuff that's different between guys and girls is not based on gender but on the fact that we're all individuals; the output different because the input is different, not the mechanisms which produce the output.
Of course, this person's way is significantly less complicated, but "simple" is also pretty rare with me, despite the relative simpleness of the concept I'm trying to convey. RRRRrrrrgh.

Another thing which I felt touched a chord with me from this person's journal was the following:
...while there's nothing wrong with being gay, yadda yadda, I don't really need to misrepresent myself anymore than I do naturally with the things I foolishly say or forget to.

Except...instead of "gay", put in, oh, I don't know, something else (I'm pretty self-aware but not that self-aware, apparently), and there you have it.

No comments: