1. Start off with a bang.
2. Now turn it to 11.
3. Back down a step.
4. Get serious.
5. Get sentimental.
6. But I always try to retain a sense of humor about just how sentimental I'm being. Throw in KC and Jojo if all else fails.
7. Make Track 7 special. This is always, without fail, my thesis statement.
8. Expose them to something I think they'd never have heard without me.
9. If the mix is primarily fast songs at this point, slow it down. If it's slow, speed it up.
10. Make a strong closing statement. If I had two thesis songs and couldn't decide, this is the place for the one that isn't Track 7. Or I might throw on a slow one and let the lyrics stand for themselves.
11: Enjoy the glow of gratitude and the satisfaction of a job well done.