Monday, May 24, 2010

Follow-Up (UPDATED!)

Hey guys! A couple of weeks ago, I asked you to participate in a poll regarding how I should respond to a certain "X" who wanted to initiate a friendship with eyes towards marriage in 1 or 2 years. I tallied up the FOUR VOTES and the most common response was "Thanks but no thanks" so I wrote and sent the following just now:

Hello,

Again, I am not available for (or interested in) an arrangement like the one you're proposing.

Thank you for your interest,
-Priya

PS. If you were really that interested in my Twitter account to begin with, you would have remembered my handle in the first place. Good luck.


I'll keep you updated as to any responses I receive, but I hope there won't be much to report.

UPDATE!
X wrote back. Twice. And here's what he said:

Hello,

That's o.k. I am new to twitter. I don't know how to use it that well. I'm too busy to find time to understand how to use it. I found you through ur blog while looking some one else up. I was just kidding. I havent even seen ur pic.

Thanks anyway and bye,
X


Followed quickly by this:

Hello,

I still think its kind of rude on ur part to not even give room for friendship,

X


MEE-OW! Seriously though, what would be the point of such a venture? Let's be friends! Based on...nothing! For...no reason! I have enough trouble managing the friends I do have without adding some monstrous relationshippy joke to the mix. THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY, THOUGH!

No comments: