Sunday, February 28, 2010

Famous Last Words

So today was my cousin's bridal shower...I seriously resisted going because it was an hour's drive away, but mostly because one thing that ALWAYS happens at bridal showers is someone gets me in a corner and goes, "so when are you getting married?" And I have to stare back at them with that baleful Avowed-Single-Girl-Eye and go, "umm...?" UNCOMFORTABLE. Ugh...I'm too young for this shit.

But I went. And of course the whole marriage bit came up (because hens only have so much to cluck about, apparently), and it was all I could do to choke back the bitchiest answer I could possibly have come up with (that answer being: "I'd rather die alone than marry your son and become your relative"). Good thing the next person in line after me is my younger cousin, and he's got a long way to go before anyone sees him as "marriage material", so there's that.

Now I just have to survive her wedding.

No comments: